Transferring funds from an external platform to PrimeBit involves three steps:
- Withdrawal from the external platform/wallet
- Blockchain network confirmation
- PrimeBit credits the funds to your account
A crypto withdrawal labelled as "completed", or "success" means that your platform/wallet has successfully broadcasted the transaction to the blockchain network. However, it might still take some time for that particular transaction to be fully confirmed and credited to your PrimeBit account. The number of required network confirmations varies for different blockchains. Check the estimated deposit confirmation time for every coin and payment channel in the following article.
Occasional network congestion may result in significant processing delays of your deposit. Knowing the transaction TX number, you may use blockchain explorer to check the status of your deposit.
- Please wait patiently if the transaction has not yet been fully confirmed by the blockchain network nodes or has not reached the minimum amount of network confirmations specified by our system. PrimeBit will credit the funds to your account when the transaction is confirmed.
- If the transaction is confirmed by the blockchain but not reflected on your PrimeBit account, you may check the deposit status in the operations history or contact our support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I check the deposit status on the blockchain?
Log in to PrimeBit and navigate to Wallets. Click on the Operation history, find your deposit, and copy its TxID number. Use this number to check your deposit status on one of the available blockchain explorers, such as Blockchair.